The purpose of the NAPHS Youth Services Committee is to promote the need for behavioral health treatment, education, and rehabilitation services for troubled youth; to get more visibility for youth services; and to raise youth services on the national agenda. The committee addresses public policy issues related to youth services and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees. The Board established the committee in 1998 as a way of elevating youth service issues on the association’s overall agenda.
The committee has helped NAPHS to launch a major national and grassroots campaign to “Make Behavioral Health for Youth a Priority.” This ongoing effort is designed to help policymakers and community leaders understand the importance of meeting the behavioral health needs of our nation's youth.
Priority advocacy areas are to fight for expanded coverage for behavioral health care for youth, improved coordination of care, and fair funding.
The committee includes:
- Pat Connell, R.N., M.B.A., F.A.C.H.E., C.B.H.E., C.H.C., VP of Behavioral Health, Compliance & Government Relations, Boys Town Behavioral Health Division, NE
- Samuel Bastien, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Four Winds Hospital-Saratoga, NY
- Neil Campbell, President & CEO, Woodridge Behavioral Care, TN
- Lee D'Attilio, Social Worker/Counseling Inpatient Coordinator, Spring Harbor Hospital, ME
- Leonard F. Dziubla, D.C.S.W., F.A.C.H.E., President & Chief Executive Officer, Phoenix Care Systems, Inc., WI
- Al Jansen, Corporate Director, Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, IN
- Kerry Knott, Regional Vice President Universal Health Services, FL
- Heather Kreth, Psy.D., Clinical Director, Partial Hospitalization Services, Vanderbilt Behavioral Health, TN
- Stephanie Loveridge, D.N.P., Managing Director, Adult & Child Mental Health, Centra Health, VA
- Amanda Loving-Moses, Executive Vice President Operations, Sequel Youth and Family Services, IA
- Michael R. Lyons, Vice President, Speciality Education, UHS of Delaware, Inc., FL
- Hank Milius, President/Chief Executive Officer, Meridian Health Services, IN
- Joel V. Oberstar, M.D., Chief Executive Officer, PrairieCare, MN
- Kevin P. Sheehan, Chairman, Community Intervention Services, Inc., TX
- Alex Stavros, Chairman, President, and CEO, CALO, MO
- Kelly Stone, Executive Director, Mountain Home Residential Treatment Center, ID
- Matt Wiltshire, Ed.D., M.P.H., CEO/Administrator, Millcreek of Arkansas, AR
- Sharon Worsham, Division Vice President, Universal Health Services, Inc., OK
- Scott Dziengelski, Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs, National Association of Psychiatric Health Systems, Washington, DC